Private Music Instructor
The Oxford Arts Alliance (OxAA) is a non-profit arts organization in Southern Chester County. Established in 2008, the OxAA provides leadership and advocacy for the arts and culture. It seeks to provide a collaborative platform to allow arts and culture to flourish in our community for all people regardless of differences in ethnic origin, education, economic level, age, or disability.
Since 2010, the OxAA has maintained a vital educational component to our work. Each week, over 150 music students come in for weekly private instruction for various instruments, including piano, voice, guitar, strings, brass, and percussion instruments. Instructors at the OxAA hold qualifications from American University in D.C., The University of Delaware, and Lebanon Valley College. Additionally, many local college students in the process of completing their degrees are a part of the faculty throughout the year.
Responsibilities & Duties
Private music instructors at the Oxford Arts Alliance report to the Executive Director. Candidates should be able to comfortably teach students of varying ages and skill levels in a weekly 30-minute private lesson setting.
Instructors are expected to:
- Manage their lesson schedule
- Teach multiple students in a day
- Host yearly recitals for their students and their families
- Have all of their clearances (PA Criminal History Background Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, FBI Fingerprint Clearance)
- Carry their own General Liability Coverage
Typical work day procedures for this position include opening the classroom, teaching lessons in the most popular timeframe window of 4 PM-8 PM, and closing the classroom. As a rule, the Oxford Arts Alliance seeks to employ experienced, professional musicians faculty. Candidates must be pursuing a music degree in a post-secondary institution or already hold a music degree from a post-secondary institution.
Who you Are
- Local musician who can teach a broad range of ages and ability levels.
- Excellent communicator.
- Self-sufficient worker capable of opening and closing your own studio each day.
- Organized and able to handle your own schedule for your studio.
- Motivated to join a team of local like minded creative individuals looking to make an impact on our community through the arts and culture.
- Flexible hours & scheduling
- Access to OxAA equipment and instruments
- No need to do billing or to invoice students
- Your own studio space for teaching
Inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org
38 S. Third St
Oxford, PA, 19363